If you are not familiar with the term vision board, let me explain what it is. A vision board is simply a collage of images, quotes and affirmations of your goals and dreams pasted on poster board giving you a visual for what you want to attract into your life.
One of my dreams is to be interviewed on the Oprah show!!! So, ideally, I would collect pictures of guests on Oprah’s show and insert my picture instead, creating a visible reality for my dream. In other words, I have a visual reminder to focus on and can experience the feeling of my dream.
The same would hold true if your dream was a new car, a new house, or a new job. You create the dream on a poster board with all the accompanying pictures to attract exactly what you want. It’s important to use the exact image of what you want to attract since this will become your reality. To make your vision board even more effective, try adding affirmations. For example, if your dream is to have more family time, you could add anaffirmation that says, “I am enjoying spending quality time with my family” or if it’s a new car you are dreaming of, paste a picture of you next to the car and the affirmation would be “I love driving my 2-seater Mercedes” (oh, that’s my dream!). But, you get the picture, don’t you?
When I first created my vision board it was quite unfocused. I had simply compiled a board full of hodge-podge pictures and quotes mixed together without a specific focus. I had not zeroed in or exactly what I wanted to attract. The purpose of the vision board is to get clear and focus on exactly what you want to attract most in your life.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
1) Search through magazines, brochures, circulars, and the Internet for pictures that depict exactly what you want to attract. Cut out the pictures that speak to you and are in alignment with your vision. Once you have an assortment of images, cut them out and paste on a poster board. Place your vision board in a prominent place where you can look at it and FEEL yourself in the images. It’s important to experience the emotion of the images so that it will become real to you.
2) Create a small board for each area of your life. You can use an 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock. Some experts say that each area of your life should have its own space, for example, one vision board for family, career, health, prosperity, etc. This may sound a little daunting at first but it can also serve as a means by which to narrow down your focus.
3) Assemble a large poster board. Instead of the smaller cardstock, you can also use 20 x 30 or similar size, especially if you like having everything where you can see it in one place and you have the wall space for it. Both the larger and smaller sizes can easily be found at office supply stores.
4) Computer generated vision board – For some, using a computer generated vision board works. There are several good choices on line if this is your preference.
5) Artist Tablet – Another idea is using an artist tablet to create your vision. For some people, it accomplishes the same thing as the wall board. Personally, I prefer to have my vision board “visible” where I can see it every day. But, if you want to have portability, the tablet may work better for you. Either one can be a powerful visualization tool. The important thing is that you look at it every day until you manifest what you deserve and want.
Using a vision board can make a big difference in getting from where you are to where you want to be.
Of course, just by creating a vision board without believing and taking action is like sitting around counting raindrops. You must believe in your dream, imagine it, experience it and take action to achieve it. It won’t happen if you just park yourself in front of your vision board wishing and hoping – you must act!
If you need help creating you vision board or wish to take advantage of other programs, I invite you to contact me for your no obligation get acquainted call to learn more about which one of my programs will be a good fit for you.
Please visit http://www.coachforyourdreams.com to receive your complimentary special report – “The Fear factor – Five Easy Steps to Triumph Over Fear” AND a free subscription to my bi-weekly ezine, “Insightful Living”, which is jam packed with stimulating articles, tips, gems of wisdom, strategies and tools you can use right away to uncover your heart’s desires and allow you to make choices that are in your best interest.